The single most important determining factor to your success is your attitude. Here are Five things to practice daily to make certain you have the right attitude.
- When it comes to attitude, find the positive. Attitude is a choice and a manner of how you see things. For example: “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses,” said Abraham Lincoln, a man who suffered many tragedies yet still managed to hold on to hope.
- Embrace an unwavering faith, that you will prevail. While embracing the hard truths of any current situation, essential to your success is maintaining an unwavering faith that you will succeed. A positive attitude finds opportunity in difficulty. A negative attitude sees difficulty in every opportunity. Dissociate yourself from the latter.
- Make the best of what you have. Make it your habit to appreciate daily all the good things within your grasp and do so with awe and wonder. Those with a positive attitude don’t have the best of everything; they make the best of everything they have.
- Changing your attitude will change your circumstances. Your attitude affects your behavior, your decisions, what you communicate and ultimately your actions. Marcus Aurelius said it succinctly: ”Our lives are what our thoughts make it.” Keep your attitude positive and you’ll be quick to leverage the good and negotiate the difficult.
- Attitude is the one thing you have the most control over. Regardless of what happens, you have control over your attitude. Wake up each morning not to your alarm clock but to your opportunity clock. Embrace each day with a nothing-ventured, nothing-gained mindset. Be the creator of circumstance and not the creature of circumstance.